Jojoba oil comes from the seeds of a plant scientifically known as Simmondsia chinensis. It is a liquid wax ester, has a high shelf life and can be stored for long periods as it is a relatively stable liquid. It is similar to human skin oil (sebum).
1. Anti-inflammatory Effects: jojoba oil is used in folk medicine to assist in wound healing. (Folk medicine consists of the healing practices traditional medicine, alternative medicine, natural medicine)
2. Slow the aging of the skin
3. Jojoba oil may have anti-acne effects (A theory to why jojoba oil is so effective in treating acne is because since it is so similar to sebum, it tricks the skin into believing that it has already produced enough. This way, the production of sebum decreases and balances out and so does acne) (Another reason why is beneficial is because has antibacterial properties. It kills the bacteria Propionibacterium acnes which are believed cause the inflammation of acne) (Its soothing property can also calm redness on your skin due to acne.
4. Soothe sunburns and reduce inflammation from an injury
5. Use topically to calm eczema and psoriasis symptoms.
6. It has a high content of beneficial amounts of Vitamin E and minerals
7. It is antibacterial (Most bacteria including Staphylococcus aureus and the fungus Candida albicans cannot reproduce and die when they come into contact with jojoba oil)
8. Jojoba oil is also antifungal, and can act as a powerful fungicide, strong enough to kill mildew.
9. Treating Diaper Rash (the use of jojoba oil will prevent and treat any skin condition that is a result of a lack of the natural oils in the skin. Most rashes that are not a result of some kind of infection or allergic reaction can be soothed and treated with jojoba oil)
10. For use on cuts and bruises
11. Jojoba oil is extremely beneficial for your hair (Whether you suffer from hair loss, greasy hair or just dry and damaged hair, jojoba oil can definitely help.)
a. It deeply moisturizes your scalp (balances the pH levels of your scalp)
b. It prevents hair from looking greasy or oily (It helps balance the sebum production in the scalp and helps promote a healthy shine hair)
c. Jojoba oil prevents and stops hair loss (Hair loss is actually often caused by blocked hair follicles which causes the hair to fall. Psoriasis and scalp dermatitis may cause hair loss these condition also be treated with jojoba oil because of its antifungal properties.
d. Curing Cradle Cap Naturally With Jojoba Oil
Jojoba should not be consumed orally due to potential toxic effect.